Friday, October 24, 2008

MO or Bust !!

How exciting! Not only am I getting the chance to go see family that I haven't seen in more then 8 years, but I get to take my kids whom they have never seen! It has been merely 6 months since Jonathan has been with us and he is again going to take an airplane ride and he is so excited. Addi on the other hand has never been on an airplane and I am truly nervous about how she will take it. Me...well the Africa voyage in January helped with most of the fear of flying, or should I say helped me get used to the fear, but it is still there on the back burner and I hope I will take the flight alright in front of the kids. My Dad and Linda are going with us which is a blessing because the last thing I would ever want to do is take 2 toddlers on a plane trip by myself.
Dustin Took us all to the airport in the Expodition, which was so packed full of luggage and people that I ended up in the 3rd seat, Indian style, with a cooler halfway on my lap. By the time we got to the airport my legs were numb and I had to un-stuck myself with the up-most care.
The job of getting everything out of the truck, including the kids, stroller and the car seats, getting it all to the check counter, tagged and checked was quite the job. I think all of us had a few more gray hairs when we were all done.
None the less we got on to the plane and seated without any problems and were off to see the family.
Jonesy obviously knew what to expect and loved every part of the flight. He got to play the whole time with his Papa who needed a nap after all of that. Addison really did great for it being her first time in the air. She had just a few break downs due to hunger and being tired, but nothing that a snack and Mommas cozy lap couldn't fix.
There was so much packed into this visit that I don't even know where to start. The first night we got there I stayed at my aunts house with the kids as Dad and Linda went to go see Mammam. Alone in a large house that I barley know has never been my cup of tea, but add a massive thunderstorm right over our heads and tornado warnings for the area and I was a big huge ball of nerves. We were fine of course, but i didn't know that. Turns out that an Arbys restaurant was demolished just down the road from the house that night.
After that drama, the next morning we were all got to go see Mammam after breakfast and I couldn't wait to introduce her to Jonathan. She had met Addison when she was 3 months old visiting us in Idaho with my Dad, Linda and my Aunt Donna. But still that was nearly a year ago.
When we got there the kids took right to her as if they saw her everyday of their lives and Mammam seemed to be in heaven with her great grandchildren climbing all over her.
We got to spend quite a bit of time with the whole family and had some great photo opportunities, including the traditional one with all of the cousins lined up in a row.
One of the funnest things we did while we were there was visit the Bass Pro Shop, which to all of you city slickers, is a big o store full of hunting and fishing gear. Maybe not fun for most of you but heaven for all of us rednecks!
Jonesy and Addison just went crazy! There is so much to look at from the mounted deer, elk and other animals, to the new boats, quads, and all the camping gear you could dream of. There was this huge fish there in a tank in the middle of the store. He was a cat fish that weighed 114 pounds! Yes 114! This thing was bigger in size then Jonathan and Addison put together and was heavier then the 2 of them twice over. It was insane to see it swim by the kids. Jonathan didn't realize at first that the fish couldn't get to him through the glass. He would step back every time the giant would come near and look to me to save him from it. Addison didn't seem to have a problem and seemed drawn to the tank amazed at all of the swimmy creatures.
The day we were due to fly home we were able to go see where my Papa was laid to rest. I had never had the chance to be there before and it was nice to be able to close that door.
It was the best trip ever and I was sad to have to leave but happy to be heading home to Dustin who I missed like crazy. I cant wait to go back and spend more time with my wonderful and loving family.

No comments: