Thursday, December 18, 2008

Giving Thanks





This years Thanksgiving was a huge family affair. With Dustin and the kids and I in yet another new house we decided to share the day with us and we had quite a turn out that warmed this old
house right up. My Aunt Jeanine came all the way from Ohio to join the crew
and to surprise my Mom and Grandmother who knew nothing of her plans to be here. She walked up our drive way on her cell phone with my mother (whom was inside), walked in the door and right up to my Mom (still on the phone with her), it took a second or two for it to register, but then great cheers and laughter erupted. It was so nice to have her here.






My sister Becca was here with her Husband Sean and their daughter, home from college, Rachel.
Nana deserved to take a load off after helping me prepare the Thanksgiving meal for 30 people. Grandpa Larry (Dustins Dad) and Papa (my Dad) were soaking up the grand kid time and keeping them busy while I got the food out and ready for the masses.

After the filling meal, that was wonderful by the way and a big thanks to all that pitched in, there was plenty of time for us all to chat, relax and have some family time. Including story time for the kids with uncle Jeremy, photo ops with the grandparents, and of course some football.
Addison and Jonathan both seemed to fully enjoy their pumpkin pie and were quite entertaining as they gulped it down.
What a wonderful day, and though a lot of work, I cant wait to do it again next year!

No comments: