Thursday, October 2, 2008

It Is What It Is

For goodness sake I am slow at this updating thing! You'd think I'd dropped off the face of the earth. Well I guess I didn't and now I am here again spilling the insides of my noisy mind all over the keyboard. So what has been the goings on round here you ask? Well we have moved again. No I'm not kidding, its not April fools and we did not burn down the last house, though we might wish we could have. The whole thing is a long crazy story and if you had seen it on channel 2 news back in July you wouldn't know much more then you do this very second! Ha!
Well the short of it is that the folks we rented from took all of our money and forgot for 9 months to pay the mortgage, which in turn sent the house into foreclosure and we got a nice little surprise in July in the form a of a letter from the bank saying that the house was to be auctioned off in November. So we packed up again, (I am now going into the moving business since I'm such a pro (just kidding)), and moved into a DUMP in Oregon City. Ok so you all know me too well and the place is not a dump now, but when we first saw it I would have never thought we would be moving in.
Several coats of paint later along with ripping out the bathrooms (which are still not done after a month), new carpet, a ton of yard work and several of my first born owed to our many friends for helping, we are starting to get settled.
That was the short of it! Glad I didn't share the long?
Anyway, the kids are all doing great, Hailey is in the 3rd grade this year! Wow, huh? She is playing soccer now and getting used to her new teacher. She is just in heaven when she gets to stay here with Jonathan and Addison.
Jonathan or should I say "Jonesy" his new self appointed nick name, is thriving. He is 100% potty trained and is really not a baby anymore. He is so different from the little guy I brought home just 9 months ago. His new room has airplanes and trains on the wall and he is really doing great in this house. I wasn't sure how he was going to handle the move so soon after the "big move", but other then a little extra belly button picking (he prefers to thumb sucking but same effect) he is just fine.
Addison truly is her mothers daughter and is just as onry as ever. She'll be 18 months in 2 days and she is too no longer my little baby. We are looking forward to starting potty training when the bathrooms get put back together. She is quite the character either very dramaticly upset or cracking her self up with a hearty laugh. She is (with Jonesy's help or not... I don't know) into belly buttons right now. She has to check hers ever so often making sure its still there, as well as checking everyone else for who knows what.
All is well with Dustin and I other then the fact that our house in Idaho is still not sold. ARGH!! What a mess it is over there with the housing. It is not just our house, it is every house, every agent and every price range. The market is at a stand still and only getting worse. We are just holding our breath that it will sell some day, sooner then later and we can move on. Wait wait..... not like "move on" we have 2 years on this lease and the owners live right next door so were not moving....but move on with our lives is what I meant.
Until next year. LOL. Well it just might be with this rate.
Bethany

1 comment:

mom said...

Beffy, I love reading your blogs. They are so intertaining. Love mom